Friday 24 January 2014

Healthy Eating

Eat Good Feel Good

So I thought I would share with you what I ate yesterday and how I incorporate juices into my everyday day life.  Please don't think that it is time consuming to make all these juices, it's not.  It takes me around fifteen/ twenty minutes to make everything and clean the juicer and then that's the job done. 

In the morning I get up and have a glass of hot water with lemon along with a ginger shot.  The lemon helps to balance the PH in your skin and ginger is a great decongestant and anti inflammatory.  However yesterday I had a spinach shot.  Luckily spinach doesn't have much taste so it was quite pleasant and less of a kick than the ginger shot.  I then make my juices for the rest of the day and put them in the fridge or in flasks to take out with me.

I made four juices yesterday;

Spinach shot
1/2 apple, 1/4 lemon, 3 handfuls of spinach
Juice everything

Minty Sunshine
2 oranges, 3 carrots, 1 thin slice ginger root, 4 sprigs of mint.
Juice everything

Ruby
1/4 pineapple, 2 carrots, 1 small beetroot, 1 thin slice ginger root, 4 sprigs of basil.
Juice everything

Turbo with a Kick
2 apples, 1/4 pineapple, 1 handful spinach leaves, 1/2 lime, 1/2 stalk celery, 3 cm cucumber, 1 cm ginger root, 1/4 avocado
Juice everything except the avocado.  Pour the juice into a blender along with the avocado and blend until smooth.

 

I also made the juice below for my breakfast this morning, i found the recipe on Pinterest, it was really delicious and turns out it is one of Jason Vale's.

Ice Cream Juice
1/2 pineapple, 1 apple, seeds from 1 vanilla pod, bio live yogurt, 1 tea spoon manuka (active) honey


I just want to make clear that i don't make four juices everyday.  Some days i will only have one but i try and have at least one everyday.

Juicy Vegetable Facts

Avocado contains all six human nutritional needs- water, fat, protein, natural sugar, vitamins and minerals.
Beetroot is great for cleansing the liver and helps reduce hardening and blockage of arteries.
Carrots promote healthy eyes, skin and cleansing of the liver.
Apples are good for eliminating toxins in the intestine.
Oranges destroy free radicals that cause signs of skin ageing, scouring the intestine and flushing toxins from the body.
Pineapple contains something called bromeline that aids digestion and helps dissolve excess mucus.  It is helpful for hay fever and asthma.
Spinach good for anaemia and supports effective liver and kidney function.
Cucumber is an excellent diuretic and helps to reduce fluid retention, is superb for the hair, nails and skin and reduces blood pressure.
Ginger is a natural antibiotic and decongestant.

Alice xox









No comments:

Post a Comment