Saturday 1 February 2014

Recommended Dermalogica Products

Skin Care- Dermalogica Review

About two years ago I suddenly went from having clear, manageable skin which very rarely caused me any problems to really bad acne.  To this day I still don't know why this is and it seemed to happen overnight.  As a result I have become much more aware of what I am using on my skin and have literally tried everything and anything that might help.  I have been prescribed antibiotics by my doctor which seemed to help in the short term but as soon as I stopped taking them my skin flared up again.  Although my skin isn't as bad as it was initially I still suffer from bad breakouts.  However now I'm able to keep it under control through diet, exercise and skin care.

Like I said I have tried many different products and potions in the blind faith that they would somehow work miracles and rid me of bad skin.  In reality if you suffer from acne all the cleansers, toners, moisturizers and skin care products out there wont cure you of the problem.  For most people dealing with acne an antibiotic called Racutane is the best solution.  This is an antibiotic prescribed by a doctor and is very strong.  I've heard from people taking it that it definitely works but can have bad side affects so for me it will be a last resort.

I do believe however that there are certain products out there that will help you manage and control bad skin and for me that product is Dermalogica.  I discovered Dermalogica about a year ago and absolutely love it.

Dermalogica doesn't contain any irritants or ingredients that cause breakouts such as lanolin, SD alcohol, mineral oil, artificial colors and fragrances.  I have tried and tested many of their products and have found a select few that work perfectly for my skin which I would describe as combination/oily.  Here are a few recommendations of mine.

Dermal Clay Cleanser £27
This cleanser is a clay like formula, almost like a face mask and helps absorb excess oils. It helps calm irritated skin and has a lovely cooling sensation.  I use this in the morning and at night and even sometimes as a face mask.

Daily Microfoliant £40.30
This is a rice based exfoliant that activates when in contact with water. It is very gentle and can be used everyday.  I use this on the days I am not using the skin prep scrub which is slightly heavier.  It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed.

Sebum Clearing Masque £39.80
This is a clay based masque which helps clear and prevent breakouts while detoxifying skin. It has a nice cooling sensation on the skin.  Although this product is expensive I definitely think it is worth investing in. I use it twice a week either all over my face or just on my T Zone.

Overnight Clearing Gel £42.30
This is an overnight treatment that helps clear skin, calm inflammation and prevent future breakouts.  Like many spot treatments it doesn't dry out your skin.  It can also be used under makeup which is always handy.

Active Moist  £43
For a long time I have struggled to find a moisturizer that doesn't clog my skin and make it even more oily than it already is.  This moisturizer is perfect for oily skin.  It is lightweight and leaves skin feeling hydrated and can be worn under makeup.  I love this moisturizer.

I understand most of these products are at the high end of the price range but they are 100% worth the money.  For anyone wanting to try out a couple of products but not go all out and buy everything I would recommend the Dermal Clay cleanser and Active Moist Moisturizer to start.

For any makeup artists out there Dermalogica is a great addition to your kit and for preparing your clients skin before hand. I would recommend the Ultra Calming Cleanser, Multi Active Toner and Active Moist Moisturizer.

If after reading this you still aren't too sure, the Demalogica website is also incredibly useful and worth having a look at. It has a skin mapping section where it will tell you what products will work with your type of skin whether that be acne, oiliness, ageing, sensitivity or dryness.  Their products also feature in InStyle's 'Best Beauty Buys 2014'.  This issue is still in store and would be worth picking up as they have some great recommendations.

http://www.dermalogica.co.uk/uk/index.html







“How puzzling all these changes are! I'm never sure what I'm going to be, from one minute to another.” 
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Alice xox















No comments:

Post a Comment