Thursday 13 February 2014

Laura Mercier Primer and Tinted Moisturiser Review

Laura Mercier Primer and Tinted Moisturiser Review

For many years I believed that if you had spots or bad skin that the only solution was to smother your face in a delightfully thick layer of foundation (unblended of course).  As a result the majority of my early teens was spent being marched to the toilet by a disapproving teacher loaded with facewipes. Thankfully I now have a better understanding of makeup and how to apply it.  I am a strong believer in less is more!  This leads me on to two products that I believe can help achieve the 'no makeup makeup look'.

Laura Mercier Primer-oil free £28

I've used this primer before and have recently re purchased it thanks to InStyle's 'Best Beauty Buys 2014'.  There are two primers in this range , 'radiance' and 'oil free'.  I have the oil free version. Having oily skin I am forever searching for the holy grail in oil free long lasting products.  The Laura Mercier oil free primer is definitely one of these!  It has a nice creamy texture that helps smooth the skin and erase pores.  More importantly however it is long lasting, lightweight and is the perfect base for underneath your foundation.  The Laura Mercier oil free primer is definitely worth investing in.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser-oil free £33

This is great on days where you just can't be bothered applying foundation and want a nice breathable  natural finish.  I use this even on days when my skin is being problematic, possibly more so.  This product is lightweight yet buildable and allows my skin to show through.  I don't bother with brushes to apply this, instead using my fingers.  If I have breakouts I then spend time concealing in the areas that need it, finishing with a little powder if necessary.  I really love this tinted moisturiser and find along with the primer lasts throughout the day.

Both these products are staples in my makeup kit.


 

Alice xox

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to try this primer. I can never find a good one that I would re-purchase :)

    Gillian xxxx Glam Up Everyday

    ReplyDelete