Sunday 22 June 2014

How to get the most from Fake Tan


I think fake tan is a fabulous way of getting a little bit of colour without having to damage your skin in the sun or on sunbeds. That being said, fake tan can go horribly wrong if applied incorrectly.

 My current favourite tanning product is St Tropez and has been for quite a few years. I have tried and tested many but always revert back to this brand, it just works perfectly with my skin tone. It is available in self tan, gradual and instant. They have also just recently launched an express self tan which develops within one to three hours and is available in light, medium and dark. I haven't yet tried this but plan on doing so soon. I might even do a review!

 Here are my top tips on how to get the most from fake tanning.

  How to
 Always prepare your skin with a little bit of body scrub to remove any dry skin. I tend to do this the night before I apply fake tan. 

 On the day of application, avoid moisturizing your full body, especially with any kind of oil. Instead moisturize any dry areas such as your elbows, knees and hands, this will stop fake tan from catching on those tell tale areas. 

 Use gloves or a mit to apply your tan as this will reduce the risk of your hands being ten shades darker than the rest of your body.

 Have someone on hand to help you with your back, it should look just as good as your front! 

 Remove your gloves and apply a little drop of fake tan to the back of your hands and rub together. 

 Tips 
To ensure your fake tan lasts for a few days before needing topped up, keep your body moisturized.

 To make your legs look glowing and radiant for a night out apply MAC Face and Body to them (remembering to use gloves), this is my holy grail for ensuring my pins are looking their best.

 If after applying your fake tan you feel you have maybe overdone it in a certain area, get an old sock put it on your hand and use it to buff any excess tan away (it sounds silly but it works). Cleansing wipes also work.  

To remove fake tan use a little bit of lemon juice mixed with baking soda heated in the microwave.



Alice xox

No comments:

Post a Comment