Monday 21 July 2014

Eyeko mascara and brow gel review

I am always looking to try new beauty products, a habit I secretly love to indulge in. 

Recently I was in London, and although on arrival I promised myself that I would avoid shopping at all costs this was short lived and after much persuasion to ones self I indulged in two new makeup goodies. 

Both products are from a brand called Eyeko, a brand that I have been wanting to try for quite some time. To give you a little bit of background Eyeko is a bespoke cosmetics label that focuses on creating luxury products for your eyes only, quite literally.  Founded by Nina Leykind and her husband, Eyeko has now partnered with Alexa Chung and has become a prominent brand used by top makeup artists and celebrities.

Eyeko 'Black Magic Mascara' Drama and Curl £18


If there is one thing about the Eyeko products that I love, it is the packaging.  This is definitely reflected in the price but it demonstrates how the aesthetics of a product
can influence your decision in buying it.

This particular mascara is the first I have bought that has a curved wand and I must say I really like it.  It is great for reaching those all important corner lashes that at times are neglected.  This mascara promises to give you 'Drama and Curl' and if I am honest, in comparison to other mascaras it doesn't give you the the greatest volume however is definitely gives your lashes a lovely curl and doesn't clump.  All in all I am really pleased with this product and would re purchase.

Eyeko Brow Gel 'Shape and Define' £18



I am a huge fan of brow gels, particularly as at times my brows seem to have a life of their own.  This brow gel is a winner of the Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards in 2013 and absolutely lives up to it's reputation. The wand is very small which makes application really easy.  I like my brows to stay in place all day and this product definitely does this.  My only criticism being that there can sometimes be a bit of excess product so I would bear this in mind when using it.   

I think I am officially hooked on Eyeko.

Available in

ASOS
SEPHORA
SPACE.NK
SELFRIDGES&CO
NET-A-PORTER.COM


Alice xox




     

No comments:

Post a Comment