Friday 15 August 2014

40's Makeup look

Natural beauties were the ideal of the forties with makeup being minimal, classic and elegant.  Eyes were kept simple using taupe and muted browns through the socket, finished with black liner.  Lips were to look full and soft with red lip liner and lipstick making sure they were fuller at the bow.  Brows were well defined, arched and accented by use of a dark brown pencil.

Here is my version of a 40's look and what I used.



Eyes

Step 1. Prime the eyes using Rimmel 'exaggerate' eye primer.

Step 2. Apply mac's cream eye shadow base in 'bare canvas' all over the eyelid using your fingers.

Step 3. From the Smashbox palette apply the 4th colour from the left over the eyelid, blending towards the brow bone.

Step 4. From the smash box palette, apply the 2nd colour from the left through the eye socket, blending from the outer to inner corner of the eye.  This will create depth and definition.

Step 5. Finish with mascara, making sure you apply plenty of coats and don't forget the bottom lashes.


Step 5. Apply your lashes, I used Eyelure's 'volume' lashes in No. 083.

Step 6. Apply your liquid liner creating a feline flick, I used Tom Ford's eye defining pen.


Lips

Step 1. Fill in the full lip using a red lip liner, I used mac's liner in 'redd'.

Step 2. Apply your lipstick, I used Tom Ford's lipstick in 'True Coral'.

Tip

Apply a little bit of highlighter to your cupids bow.  This gives the illusion of fuller lips



 I really like this look, it is easy, simple and great for a night out.  I definitely need to practice more on the hair however, barrel rolls aren't quite as easy as I thought.  If anyone has any tips on how to create this hair style please let me know.

Alice xox




No comments:

Post a Comment